xors (optional) Space Exploration (+ Krastorio 2) tweaks and additions

by xor50

Tweaks and additions of various small things for SE (and K2 if installed). All toggleable via settings! Check mod description for list.

Tweaks
1 year, 10 days ago

b Crash on startup

1 year, 8 months ago

I was planning to to do a quick check of your mod but it crashed on startup.

https://imgur.com/SO8hvlZ

I'm using K2+SE+ Full Bz inculding one in development with planetfall's mods which have bz intergradation.

1 year, 8 months ago

That means some of your other mods don't work (yet?) with this. I can't see from this message which one it is. Do you have mods that add recipes with "ingot" in their name (which are not already in the supported mod list)?

1 year, 8 months ago

I mentioned I have planetfall's mods which has SE and Bz support but doesn't appear to be explicitly supported. Bzchlorine is the other one that is not supported as that is not on the mod portal yet (it in a alpha testing) but it appears to not directly have any ingot recipe.

1 year, 8 months ago

Also having crash on startup but only with the update released 3 min ago

1 year, 8 months ago

29.756 Error ModManager.cpp:1558: Failed to load mod "SE_xors_tweaks": SE_xors_tweaks/data-final-fixes.lua:341: attempt to concatenate field 'order' (a nil value)
stack traceback:
SE_xors_tweaks/data-final-fixes.lua:341: in function 'add_cryoslush_cooled_ingot'
SE_xors_tweaks/data-final-fixes.lua:401: in main chunk
29.759 Loading mod core 0.0.0 (data.lua)
30.011 Checksum for core: 1476961332
30.058 Error ModManager.cpp:1558: Error in assignID: recipe-category with name 'crafting' does not exist.

Source: default (utility-sprites).

1 year, 8 months ago
(updated 1 year, 8 months ago)

@GeneralTank: I think I know why, fix needs some extensive testing, not today, but possibly soon-ish.

@Neko14789: That... looks bad. Funnily enough again it's not my mod doing something wrong but another mod having the basics set up wrong.

1 year, 8 months ago

@xor50 the fix lets me start the game again :D

1 year, 8 months ago

Good to know. Thanks for reporting back.

1 year, 8 months ago

@GeneralTank: You should be able to start the game again with the latest version.

1 year, 8 months ago

Sorry to report I've got another nil value for you:

Loading mod SE_xors_tweaks 1.2.15 (data-final-fixes.lua)
Failed to load mod "SE_xors_tweaks": __SE_xors_tweaks__/data-final-fixes.lua:48: attempt to index field 'sand' (a nil value)
stack traceback:
    __SE_xors_tweaks__/data-final-fixes.lua:48: in main chunk
Loading mod core 0.0.0 (data.lua)
Error in assignID: recipe-category with name 'crafting' does not exist.

I've traced it to a change in 1.2.13 and whether I have Krastorio2 loaded, all versions after 1.2.12 fail if I'm playing with just Space Exploration and not Krastorio2.

1 year, 8 months ago

wait wtf? are you using mods that change something about sand? removing it? replacing it? changing the recipe?

1 year, 8 months ago

Nope. I even tried a clean install of Factorio. Went to ingame Mods menu, searched for your mod, clicked install, let it download the required dependencies, clicked confirm, game restarts with that error. Both Factorio stable and newest experimental.
Downloading and enabling Krastorio2 allows the game to load.

aai-containers_0.2.11
aai-industry_0.5.19
aai-signal-transmission_0.4.7
alien-biomes_0.6.7
informatron_0.2.3
jetpack_0.3.5
robot_attrition_0.5.12
SE_xors_tweaks_1.2.15
shield-projector_0.1.6
simhelper_1.1.4
space-exploration_0.6.85
space-exploration-graphics_0.6.11
space-exploration-graphics-2_0.6.1
space-exploration-graphics-3_0.6.1
space-exploration-graphics-4_0.6.2
space-exploration-graphics-5_0.6.1
space-exploration-menu-simulations_0.6.8
space-exploration-postprocess_0.6.18

Edit: Removing line 48 regarding sand then throws the same error but about glass. Removing the line about glass as well lets the game load.

Edit2: Apologies if I'm off base here as I'm not experienced in Factorio modding but it seems that Krastorio2 has recipes named sand and glass where AAI Industry/SE has recipes named sand-from-stone and glass-from-sand instead. Krastorio2 seems to remove them in Krastorio2/compatibility-scripts/data-final-fixes/space-exploration/0.3.X/recipes.lua in favor of its own recipes.

1 year, 8 months ago

I get the same thing as SpaceTruck does.
I haven't removed the lines as per SpaceTruck but I'll trust it will result in the same effect.

1 year, 8 months ago

Aha! Thanks, that explains it, easy fix, update coming soon.

1 year, 8 months ago

Should be fixed now. Sorry about that. Thanks for figuring that out, made a fix a bit faster than with having to do that myself.

1 year, 8 months ago

So far so good on 1.2.16. Glad I was on the right track and it helped and thank you for the quick fix.

New response