Logistic network

g Add faster recharge of drones as an additional research

6 years ago

title.exe

6 years ago

Not possible

6 years ago

@Klonan:
Is it possible to increase amount of charging points for roboports (with research)?

This is a great mod, and i see what you are doing here. If this is to become vanilla it must reach many downloads :D

6 years ago

Not at this time

5 years ago

Is it possible at this point to add faster recharging speed as well? Even at a low bonus, it would make late game outposts need fewer bots to accomplish the same work.

4 years ago

AFAIK it's only possible at this time by exploiting composite entities, which can get messy.

4 years ago
(updated 4 years ago)

Hi Klonan, is this possible now?

(I'm referring to the 1st suggestion in this thread, not the 2nd one.
The 2nd suggestion already has (looaads of) other solutions, like this: https://mods.factorio.com/mod/Robocharger)

Is it not possible to increase the drain on roboport and robots? Wouldn't that by itself already load them up faster? I dunno, I'm just a player, not a modder :P.

4 years ago

Not possible. The reason is that the properties of the prototypes (like drain) are defined on game load, and cannot be changed afterwards.
To do that you would need a to allow prototypes to change their draw based on some sort of outside factor, which is not something that was added yet. I'm really not sure how would that be added without massively increasing the complexity of the system.

4 years ago

Alright, thank you for your answer Mernom. I hope it becomes available to mod makers in the future.

New response