Resource Siphon deprecated

by Yehn

Adds a building that siphons nearby resources, allowing for mining setups with very few entities. The siphon is available immediately, but requires a lot of power and produces a lot of pollution. Works with productivity research.

Content
4 years ago
Mining

i Deadlock's stacker integration.

4 years ago

Hello,

I'd like to suggest support for https://mods.factorio.com/mod/deadlock-beltboxes-loaders . You may know that it would function just fine if you take the ore out of the Siphon and just put it in the stacker. What I meant by this is support so that a Siphon might produce the stacked ore variant by itself. If I'm being a bit vague, what I meant is how this mod does it: https://mods.factorio.com/mod/deadlock_stacked_recipes

Keep in mind that the stacking beltboxes mod allows the player to decide how much it stacks for (X ores = 1 stacked ore) and that the stacked recipes takes the crafting time into consideration for that too. So a stacked version of a normal recipe would take 10x as long to craft if a stack contains 10 of a resource (or 20 if it's 20 etc)

If you decide to go along with the suggestion, I'd recommend the stacking functionality of Siphons to be behind a tech of beltboxes (Of your choosing, or to go along with how that mod does it (Higher tier ores (bobs/angels) = higher tiers of research required)) because otherwise people might choose to have siphons create stacks and then not have the tech to craft a beltbox to unstack it. oops!

Bonus points if you decide to have it work already with dust (i.e. 30 ores = 3 stacked dust at 0% mining productivity) as this would also work around the "1000 dust per slot" for mining productivity ~900 as it would be 100 stacked dust.

But hey just a suggestion and not at all a necessity as beltboxes can do it too at a slight entity increase.

4 years ago

Hi,

I've been a little pressed for time so I haven't had a chance to dig into this mod. That said, as long as it will let me balance the recipe to the siphon's ratios, I should be able to do it. You've probably noticed, but it's timed to a careful cadence where it refills with dust right as it runs out, and this is timed under the assumption it's producing 7.5 ore/s (or one ore every 8 ticks). However, whether that's batches of 30 dust/ore or not can change if the specifics of the scheduling code are tweaked.

If I can have it create a recipe that stays true to the rest of the system's cadence/ratios, it should be OK. If I can't then that might get in the way.

Thanks for the suggestion.

4 years ago

Hey and no problem. Holidays are coming up and everything so pretty much everyone's a busy bee. Good luck!

New response