Resource Siphon deprecated

by Yehn

Adds a building that siphons nearby resources, allowing for mining setups with very few entities. The siphon is available immediately, but requires a lot of power and produces a lot of pollution. Works with productivity research.

Content
4 years ago
Mining

g What counts as "nearby"?

4 years ago

4 years ago

Hi there

There's a 40x40 search area, centered on the siphon. You could think of it as a 20 tile radius, just it's square rather than circle. Also if you place one, the affected area will be visualized similar to miners. (I can't preview this prior to placement since mods don't get access to the preview location, sorry :( )

4 years ago

So what is the ultimate difference between this and a miner that has a 40x40 mining area?

Bob's mining has bigger area drills, so it's possible to go that route...

4 years ago
(updated 4 years ago)

¯\(ツ)/¯

If you'd prefer bob's, then by all means. Toma(y)to, toma(h)to, and all that.

4 years ago

I'm more asking what the difference is.

And why you went this route, like what kinda pro's there are to it.

Strictly as an interested fellow modder, mind you. I'm not trying to belittle you or your methods.

4 years ago

Oh I see, you mean the entity types. Instead of just using a mining-drill with a large radius, I went with this so I could target specific resources, and there's potential to have a remote search area too - if I decide to add that.

The only way to have a miner target a specific resource is if you modify every single ore and put it in its own category - and then provide a way to have the miners switch categories. At least that I know of. Perchance there is another, simple way, then I would probably just make it a mining-drill type entity, unless I decide I do want to pursue remote targeting afterall.

New response