Remote Configuration

Allows the player to configure any machine from the map, without allowing item transfer so it maintains the vanilla feel. Allows wire placement and entity settings copy/paste at any distance. Press R to issue a rotation request, right-click to mark for deconstruction. Less cheaty alternative to Far Reach. Similar to Space Exploration's Navigation Satellite, but works entirely within map view.

Utilities
5 months ago

b Missing method to opt out of control by Remote Configuration

1 year, 4 months ago

Mods that have additional settings stored in their global or track data about the entity don't fair well with some of the capabilites of this mod.

Particularly the rotate from a distance feature winds up losing such data. Additionaly, mods that have thier own mechanism to operate custom entities remotely conflict as well. I'd like an ability to mark an entity opted out of this mods services. I think needing to mark this mod as incompatible is too burdonsom as it does provide value to several other aspect.

The particular mod I'd need to opt out of this mods capabilities is https://mods.factorio.com/mod/LTN_Combinator_Modernized. It operates as a train station component and can be opened from anywhere on the map when attached to an LTN train station and should be treated as such.

New response