Remote Configuration

Allows the player to configure any machine from the map, without allowing item transfer so it maintains the vanilla feel. Allows wire placement and entity settings copy/paste at any distance. Press R to issue a rotation request, right-click to mark for deconstruction. Less cheaty alternative to Far Reach. Similar to Space Exploration's Navigation Satellite, but works entirely within map view.

Utilities
6 months ago

i Proper permissions support for multiplayer

1 year, 9 months ago

This mod doesn't play well on servers that utilize Factorio's group permissions system (yes I know it was already mentioned in the description, but It'd be nice if it didn't force all the players to the default group). I have permission groups with specific settings enabled/disabled and players are usually assigned to them but due to the way this mod works it's pretty much unusable at the moment for more complex setups.

The best solution I can think of this so far is to rather than setting players back to the default group after being assigned by the 'Remote Configuration GUI' group is to get the existing group the player was in prior to assigning them to the RCG group and assign them back to that group when finished with configuring.

1 year, 9 months ago

Yeah, it is definitely possible to make it work correctly when permissions are in-use, it is just a fair bit more work that I didn't want to do until it was actually requested :)

Now that you've requested it, I'll have a look at doing it. But I'm afraid it still isn't high priority for me.

New response