Remote Configuration

Allows the player to configure any machine from the map, without allowing item transfer so it maintains the vanilla feel. Allows wire placement and entity settings copy/paste at any distance. Press R to issue a rotation request, right-click to mark for deconstruction. Less cheaty alternative to Far Reach. Similar to Space Exploration's Navigation Satellite, but works entirely within map view.

Utilities
6 months ago

i [N/A] Spidetron like a "player" being there.

1 year, 9 months ago

Not sure if even possible so I will ask if you know, since you are the one elbow deep in the code.

• Treat remote Spidertrons as "local presence" as in, if a Spidertron is on the field, it acts like a "player being there" so you can interact exactly with the environment there as if YOU were there.

It seems that logically a giant robot SHOULD be able to do things remotely.

1 year, 9 months ago

Interesting idea, however as far as I can remember, the only things that are forbidden when acting remotely is item transfer (between machine and player inventory). Unless you’re saying that there is a magic teleporter between the spidertron and player, there’s nothing that should logically be changed. I like the thought though!

New response