Remote Configuration

Allows the player to configure any machine from the map, without allowing item transfer so it maintains the vanilla feel. Allows wire placement and entity settings copy/paste at any distance. Press R to issue a rotation request, right-click to mark for deconstruction. Less cheaty alternative to Far Reach. Similar to Space Exploration's Navigation Satellite, but works entirely within map view.

Utilities
5 months ago

b [Fixed-1.0.2] Copy Paste doesn't work remotely

1 year, 8 months ago

Copy Paste (ie shift right/left click) doesn't work at distance. I tested specifically with constant combinators.

Otherwise, great mod!

1 year, 8 months ago

Well it does work, but only while you have an entity GUI open (you can drag the GUI out the way), because the ‘longe range but reduced permissions’ is only active while the gui is open.

Maybe I’ll make it work fully at any range in the future, but that will take quite a bit more work to implement (I think I’d have to replicate the vanilla functionality in lua).

1 year, 8 months ago

Ahh that is a fine workaround. Thanks!

1 year, 8 months ago

Turns out it wasn't particularly difficult, I had missed an API feature that made it very straightforward :)
Implemented properly in v1.0.2. If copy-pasting recipes, then items that don't fit into the new recipe will be spilled on the ground around the assembler and marked for deconstruction so bots pick them up.

1 year, 8 months ago

Hi, great mod, save many time. I just noticed one annoying think related to rhis feature. When i copy setting from one request chest to another then there is a pop up messge that i am too far from chest to manipulate (i play in czech so i dont know the exact text in english) but request are succesfully transfered so at least it works fine.

1 year, 8 months ago

Sadly nothing I can do about it :(

New response