Remote Configuration

Allows the player to configure any machine from the map, without allowing item transfer so it maintains the vanilla feel. Allows wire placement and entity settings copy/paste at any distance. Press R to issue a rotation request, right-click to mark for deconstruction. Less cheaty alternative to Far Reach. Similar to Space Exploration's Navigation Satellite, but works entirely within map view.

Utilities
5 months ago

b [Can't fix] Opens entities when drag-clicking to move around

1 year, 8 months ago

Hey! Just popping in to say I love this mod. Don't know how I used to live without it.

One small issue though: I drag-click a lot to move around in map view, and every time I drag-click when mousing over an entity, it opens that entity menu. Is this possible to fix or is there an engine limitation?

Thanks in advance!

1 year, 8 months ago
(updated 1 year, 8 months ago)

Sadly I don’t think this can be fixed. The only solutions I can think of is rebinding the map dragging to something like shift-click, or I could make my input rebindable to shift-click.

Personally I never drag the map around so it doesn’t bother me.

1 year, 8 months ago

Yeah, I thought this would be an issue. Oh well, I'll just readjust my muscle memory as I go on.

1 year, 7 months ago

Also having drag map set to left-click prevents you from using red/green wires in map view... another reason to rebind it! https://forums.factorio.com/104694

1 year, 7 months ago
(updated 1 year, 7 months ago)

I also found my own solution but not before thinking about a generic one, which i would feel bad not even mentioning it if there's a chance it could be useful, which is selecting on mouse up instead of down, this would work for dragging out buildings, in the case of map drag it would be a bit fancier: disabling the functionality of the mod temporarily if the mouse button is being held (ie pressed for longer than some time, then reenable after it's released) This is only useful of course, if you really really wanted the conflict to disappear and not have people rebind their stuff, since in the end it's such a minor inconvenience and all.

1 year, 7 months ago

Sadly mods can't get mouse-up events either, which is sad because most of the vanilla stuff (such as clicking on entities!) happens on mouse-up.

New response