Realistic Reactors

Add realistic nuclear reactors including a breeder reactor type and cooling tower. The reactors must be controlled through integrated circuit interface signals. The thermal energy output is dynamic and depends on reactor core temperature. The reactors require sophisticated designs of their cooling system and heat-pipe network. If the operational conditions aren't met then a reactor core meltdown with dangerous consequences occurs

Content
20 days ago
0.16 - 1.1
Power

b No cooling tower when using bob's power

15 days ago

Hi, I wanted to give this mod a try as the idea seems pretty cool. But as a bob's mods user, there is no cooling tower when bob's power is also active.

Am I missing something? I can't seem to find any information on this.

13 days ago

I have never played with BOBs myself, but if there is a building/item/recipe with the same name in one of BOBs mods, that might be the reason.

You can try to give yourself the cooling tower via console (save before...):
/c game.player.insert{name="rr-cooling-tower", count=1}

It might also be a sort order issue. If you can, try to change one line in the items configuration: mod folder\RealisticReactors_3.1.5\prototypes\items.lua

In this section try to set the order like this: order = "f[nuclear-energy]-d[rr-cooling-tower]",
(add the "rr" before cooling-tower)

-- Cooling Tower
{
    type = "item",
    name = "rr-cooling-tower",
    icon = "__RealisticReactors__/graphics/icons/cooling-tower.png",
    icon_size = 32,
    subgroup = "realistic-reactors-energy",
    order = "f[nuclear-energy]-d[cooling-tower]",
    place_result = "rr-cooling-tower",
    stack_size = 10,
},
12 days ago

Hey, thanks for the reply. I'm not 100% sure but I don't believe there is an item a such from Bob's, could be wrong though.

The 'spawning in' solution works. I haven't tried a game with it, just trying it out in sandbox mode so not sure if it would cause later issues.

I think I gave the second option a go but it still didn't look like it became available through the research screen.

Cheers for helping though.

New response