Realistic Reactors

Add realistic nuclear reactors including a breeder reactor type and cooling tower. The reactors must be controlled through integrated circuit interface signals. The thermal energy output is dynamic and depends on reactor core temperature. The reactors require sophisticated designs of their cooling system and heat-pipe network. If the operational conditions aren't met then a reactor core meltdown with dangerous consequences occurs

Content
20 days ago
0.16 - 1.1
Power

b Super weird bug with ECCS and reactor heating with other mods

6 months ago

I am experiencing a weird bug when this mod is installed with both plutonium mod and "Realistic Reactors and Plutonium Energy, Play Nice!" compatibility mod (compat for both RR and plutonium). I already posted one to "Realistic Reactors and Plutonium Energy, Play Nice!" mod page but i think the bug might be caused from this mod as well, since that mod only adds 2 lines of code that shouldn't make RR behave like this.

The bug is this: Normally, the reactors work fine, and ECCS cools it when reactor hits 975C. It never exceeds 980C. But after installing the compatibility mod, the ECCS can't keep up, and the reactor slowly starts heating over 1000C and gets to 1005C. But it never explodes (it explodes fine when the compatibility mod is not installed) And when the reactor is above 1000C, if you disable ECCS, it explodes instantly.
So, normally it shouldn't even go above 980C, but even if it does, it should explode at 1000C. But it does not explode, and it goes above my ECCS (which normally works fine).

Here's my modlist: https://imgur.com/LewzVZL
And here's the bug video: https://youtu.be/lVnHosb2Gf8

4 months ago

This sounds like the nuclear fuel has too much power. I dont remember this well at all, but I think if the fuel has higher power values, then the reactor heats up faster, and might even skip the logic, that checks for the explosion temperature.

Enabling ECCS should not have anything to do with that though - it's just one of three ways to cool the reactor:
1. heat exchangers that feed turbines
2. ECCS
3. add a large cold heat network
With all three methods you take energy from the reactor, while burning nuclear fuel adds energy. Which ever is bigger will lead to cooling/heating the reactor.

max2344 β˜†
4 months ago

Hi remi_hinanawi,

do you have a map where we can test this out?

Kind regards,

max2344

New response