Realistic Reactors

Add realistic nuclear reactors including a breeder reactor type and cooling tower. The reactors must be controlled through integrated circuit interface signals. The thermal energy output is dynamic and depends on reactor core temperature. The reactors require sophisticated designs of their cooling system and heat-pipe network. If the operational conditions aren't met then a reactor core meltdown with dangerous consequences occurs

Content
16 days ago
0.16 - 1.1
Power

g Optimal ratios?

8 months ago

Is there anything like this factorio cheatsheet or this reddit post on nuclear ratios for Realistic Reactors?

I'm interested in finding the optimal (or near optimal) number and arrangement of reactors, heat pipes, heat exchangers, steam turbines, and cooling towers, or at least not get lost in an endless maze of trial and error.

Does anyone have any suggestions or rules of thumb I could use to get closer to a good setup?

8 months ago

Look at the charts included. You'll find that you can squeeze about 125MW from the regular nuclear reactor. Good luck with that though - you'll need to run it at almost-meltdown temperature.

The whole idea of this mod is that these ratios are not fixed and depend on the temperature and your cluster size. But you can plan for maximum capacity, if you want. Yes, this is not like any other Factorio recipe, where the ratios are written in stone, but that's the main fun that this mod brings. It's like a mini-game. When I first discovered this mod for myself, I "stopped" playing factorio for quite a while and just to play with my reactors.

New response