Realistic Reactors

Add realistic nuclear reactors including a breeder reactor type and cooling tower. The reactors must be controlled through integrated circuit interface signals. The thermal energy output is dynamic and depends on reactor core temperature. The reactors require sophisticated designs of their cooling system and heat-pipe network. If the operational conditions aren't met then a reactor core meltdown with dangerous consequences occurs

Content
20 days ago
0.16 - 1.1
Power

b [compat] Breeder reactor does not accept Breeder fuel cell

1 year, 11 months ago

I have installed both mods. Realistic Reactors and Plutonium Energy. Since I don't know where this bug is originated, I have opened this bug report on both mods.

I have produced thousands of Breeder fuel cells from used up uranium cells. After that I had to find out that no reactor accepts these fuel cells. :(

Maybe it is touching the issue that there are two breeder reactors to research and I have researched both of them.

1 year, 2 months ago

This will not help this particular situation... but to prevent it, maybe something to following could be added to prevent this from happening in the future.

if mods['PlutoniumEnergy'] and data.raw['technology']['nuclear-breeding'] then
data.raw['technology']['nuclear-breeding'] = nil
data.raw['technology']['breeder-fuel-cell-from-uranium-cell'] = nil
data.raw['technology']['breeder-fuel-cell-from-MOX-fuel'] = nil
end

This will remove the Plutonium Energy breeder technologies, keeping the recipes locked and hidden.

1 year, 2 months ago

This will be fixed in RealisticReactors 4.0.0 by adding the fuel category nuclear-breeder to the energy source of the breeder.

1 year, 2 months ago

Given this guidance, I have modified my hack to leave the breeder technologies and allow only the breeder cells in the breeder reactor, that seems to make game-play sense. Do you know yet if v3 game saves can be upgraded to v4? And of not, any guess as to when v4 might be released? I am expecting to start a new run soon.

1 year, 2 months ago

Don't worry, we have created migrations.

New response