Realistic Reactors

Add realistic nuclear reactors including a breeder reactor type and cooling tower. The reactors must be controlled through integrated circuit interface signals. The thermal energy output is dynamic and depends on reactor core temperature. The reactors require sophisticated designs of their cooling system and heat-pipe network. If the operational conditions aren't met then a reactor core meltdown with dangerous consequences occurs

Content
20 days ago
0.16 - 1.1
Power

b [done] Reactor Neighbor Bonus Bug

1 year, 11 months ago

So I have a weird one.

https://1drv.ms/u/s!ApkOLSVyv_erhaV3gXfZcl3CsAj-cg?e=VQHkAm

Here's a link to my save file.

I have a pair of reactors in this group that do not detect the neighbor bonus and I was trying to use the (now deprecated) connect reactors command to fix it. ( Didn't realize it'd been removed, had to RTFPN to discover... ;) )

The solution to resolve the bug for this save is to rip and replace the heat pipes adjacent to the two cores. I'd tried replacing the reactors themselves, didn't work.

I request that the "connect reactors" command be re-added (perhaps as a debugging command?) to combat this.

1 year, 11 months ago

I will say I have no idea how to duplicate this.

max2344 ☆
1 year, 11 months ago

Hi squish8294,

we believe the bug you report is fixed with the 3.1.4 release. There is no "connect reactors" command because the heat-pipe network is event based since 3.0.0. This was a quite interesting test case since it contained many corner cases for our heat network algorithm.

Regards,

–max2344

New response