Realistic Reactors

Add realistic nuclear reactors including a breeder reactor type and cooling tower. The reactors must be controlled through integrated circuit interface signals. The thermal energy output is dynamic and depends on reactor core temperature. The reactors require sophisticated designs of their cooling system and heat-pipe network. If the operational conditions aren't met then a reactor core meltdown with dangerous consequences occurs

Content
16 days ago
0.16 - 1.1
Power

g [compat] OP Heat exchangers in Krastorio 2

1 year, 11 months ago

Hi. Trying this mod with Krastorio 2 - works great, but it seems that K2 upped the heat exchangers from 10 to 50MW and that is just too much.

Would be nice to have these nerfed back down.

max2344 ☆
1 year, 11 months ago

Hi snakeru,

this seems to be part of K2 gameplay logic.
We don't have any influence on this part, so
the support must be added to K2.

Regards,

-max2344

1 year, 11 months ago
max2344 ☆
1 year, 10 months ago

Thought a while about the issue. Actually it would make more sense to have 1MW or 5MW heat exchangers. This would allow for fine grained control over the heat conversion process.

–max2344

1 year, 16 days ago
(updated 11 months ago)

With about 8 15MW exchangers per breeder reactor having even more of them might be too much hassle. I am currently experimenting with circuit switching the farther reactors at lower temperatures and closer at higher.

UPDATE:
Ah, I think, I now understand what you mean. You mean - having big AND small converters available. This might help, yes. Currently if you build a circuit logic to keep the reactor temperature at a certain level - the last converter oscillates between two states and the reactor temperature goes up and down about 5 degrees.

New response