Realistic Reactors

Add realistic nuclear reactors including a breeder reactor type and cooling tower. The reactors must be controlled through integrated circuit interface signals. The thermal energy output is dynamic and depends on reactor core temperature. The reactors require sophisticated designs of their cooling system and heat-pipe network. If the operational conditions aren't met then a reactor core meltdown with dangerous consequences occurs

Content
16 days ago
0.16 - 1.1
Power

g [done] Power jump when going over 500 deg C

2 years ago

My factory is still small enough for 1 reactor to be an overkill so I power it up and down pretty often - so I cross the 500 degree threshold every few days.

I have noticed that the thermal power of the reactor is about 23MW as you just approach the 500 degrees and then immediately jumps to 31MW once you reached it (and then it grows smoothly again). It's not a big problem, of course, just something that bugs you once you know it's there.

max2344 ☆
2 years ago

Hi snakeru,

this is an effect of the current formulas implementation and can't be changed easily. During the usual gameplay we drive the reactors seldom at 500° in general, due to efficiency.

Regards,

-max2344

New response