Realistic Reactors

Add realistic nuclear reactors including a breeder reactor type and cooling tower. The reactors must be controlled through integrated circuit interface signals. The thermal energy output is dynamic and depends on reactor core temperature. The reactors require sophisticated designs of their cooling system and heat-pipe network. If the operational conditions aren't met then a reactor core meltdown with dangerous consequences occurs

Content
20 days ago
0.16 - 1.1
Power

b [compat] Cooling tower not placeble on Asteroid

2 years ago
(updated 2 years ago)

I am using Realistic Reactor with Space Exploration ... and everything working fine except Cooling tower can not be placed on Asteroid. This cause some issue when u have to colonize asteroid field (no solar power). Any solution? I think a little tweak with the modded files should do the job. Please help! Oh and by the way ... reactor cause CTD when u launch a Starship with the reactor working, but this is secondary problem, u can use other stuff o power the Starship.

[SOLUTION]: Apparently i found a solution (https://spaceexploration.miraheze.org/wiki/Mod_compatibility_guide), you need add this to the cooling tower entities directly under prototype inside Realistic reactor mod, "se_allow_in_space = true," so it has to look like:

-- Cooling tower
cooling_tower = {
type = "furnace",
name = "rr-cooling-tower",
icon = "RealisticReactors/graphics/icons/cooling-tower.png",
icon_size = 32,
flags = {"hide-alt-info", unpack(REACTOR_ENTITY_FLAGS)},
minable = {hardness = 0.2, mining_time = 0.5, result = "rr-cooling-tower"},
max_health = 500,
se_allow_in_space = true,
corpse = "medium-remnants",
resistances = {

Do not change anything else only add this line.

VERY IMPORTANT: I did not test ingame (only checked if building is placeble and it is placeble on spaceship floor so i guess also on Asteroid surface!!!) I AM NOT responsible if you destroy your savegame or cause other problem to your game/pc/life. I warned you :)

2 years ago

Thermal Radiator & Hypercooler could possibly be made to work with steam to water conversion.
But i don't think it is already implemented in space exploration.

New response