Realistic Reactors

Add realistic nuclear reactors including a breeder reactor type and cooling tower. The reactors must be controlled through integrated circuit interface signals. The thermal energy output is dynamic and depends on reactor core temperature. The reactors require sophisticated designs of their cooling system and heat-pipe network. If the operational conditions aren't met then a reactor core meltdown with dangerous consequences occurs

Content
15 days ago
0.16 - 1.1
Power

g Tell me how you balance the temperature so that the reactor does not explode

2 years ago

Сolleagues, tell me how you balance the temperature so that the reactor does not explode ...

Apparently I'm doing something wrong, because of which the reactor explodes without having time to warm up all the turbines.
Please, if any, give examples of layouts and values of sensors / reaction triggers

Thanks.

6 months ago

Hello, this is super late but https://imgur.com/2De2xfa and check out this one too https://imgur.com/mEbmGDk

i have connected two pumps, pump A is from reactor to tower and pump B is from tower to reactor. pump B is always on while pump A is only on when the reactor heat is above a treshold. mine is 975C as the ECCS is not instant and i want my reactor to stay at 980 C.

3 months ago

Oh, if only it worked like that.
During this period, this mechanism was changed. The result was that the reactro without load with the cooling turned on overheated.
At the same time, sensors and power reduction mechanisms were added, but they did not work at all when the reactors were combined. (or did not work as expected)

Amateurs have proposed a mechanism for working through a steam storage facility, with the reactor switching on and off when certain values are reached. but due to a bug in the calculations, a situation often arose when there was steam, but the turbines did not consume it...

Actually, the question was exactly how to balance it without storing steam, I wanted to see a working option.
Perhaps this has already been fixed or even rolled back to the old version (judging by your answer)

In general, thank you for the answer, but now I’m using a fork with the old reactor. it's more reliable

14 days ago
(updated 14 days ago)

I also usually have quite some problems with cooling - especially if load disappears for some reason and I have to survive on emergency cooling.
Since I don't carry blueprints over I basically try to solve that problem each time - sometimes successfully, sometimes not. Not sure why.

Generally my setup involves pumps feeding water to the reactor and output tanks that collect hot water and then immediately pumped away.
On top of that some circuit logic to shut the reactor down should it go too hot.
On top of that near every reactor stays a wooden chest with a sarcophagus. These come useful 1-2 times per a game :-D

BTW - when you say "using a fork" - do you mean RR for K2 😅?

14 days ago
(updated 14 days ago)

BTW - there seems to be a very good explanation that Ingo provided:
https://mods.factorio.com/mod/RealisticReactors/discussion/6514bc904311a4362d70ab32

UPDATE:
with newly obtained info I was able to consistently squeeze about 110-115MW out of single ECCS (provided I am able to supply enough fresh water and consume all that hot water).

New response