Realistic Reactors

Add realistic nuclear reactors including a breeder reactor type and cooling tower. The reactors must be controlled through integrated circuit interface signals. The thermal energy output is dynamic and depends on reactor core temperature. The reactors require sophisticated designs of their cooling system and heat-pipe network. If the operational conditions aren't met then a reactor core meltdown with dangerous consequences occurs

Content
20 days ago
0.16 - 1.1
Power

b [done] Different heat buffer size in 3.1.0?

2 years ago

Hi.

I've updated to 3.1.0 from 3.0.0 and noticed that my reactors started to heat up much faster than they previously did. Furthermore, ECCS fails to cool down the reactor even though the graph shows the cooling is -100MW for 40MW reactor. I tried rolling back to 3.0.0 and everything went back to normal. I've diffed the files and noticed that heat buffer is now 1MJ instead of 5MJ in 3.0.0.

So, I'd like to ask:

1. Was that an intentional decision (so that we have to build more sophisticated temperature control solutions), or is it just an unexpected side effect?
  2. I've tried to find that change in the changelog, but couldn't. Can anyone please tell if it is there, and I misunderstood something?
  3. If this is the way things are supposed to be, what an optimal cooling solution would look like? Some complicated circuitry to change the target temperature based on steam consumption?

Thanks in advance!

max2344 β˜†
2 years ago

Hi Exie,

thank you for the report. The issue was fixed with 3.1.1 release. About your questions:

1: this is used for internal testing purposes. There was no intention to release this change, however it went unnoticed through the review
2: cause of 1. there is no changelog entry in 3.0.0
3: it depends on few conditions actually. Optimal layout here has more to do with the general mechanics of fluids in factorio

Regards,

-max2344

2 years ago

Thanks for the quick fix! I really enjoy the mod btw, so thanks for that too :D

New response