Realistic Reactors

Add realistic nuclear reactors including a breeder reactor type and cooling tower. The reactors must be controlled through integrated circuit interface signals. The thermal energy output is dynamic and depends on reactor core temperature. The reactors require sophisticated designs of their cooling system and heat-pipe network. If the operational conditions aren't met then a reactor core meltdown with dangerous consequences occurs

Content
19 days ago
0.16 - 1.1
Power

i [done] Idea: Remove start/stop button from the GUI?

3 years ago

I'd like to make the argument that that the start/stop controls should be removed from the GUI.

Yes, I know I can HIDE the buttons but that's not really what I mean. The player should be forced to interface via signals and combinators, because that's AWESOME. The convenience of the shortcut actually subverts some of the coolest aspect of the mod.

Perhaps we could add a mod-setting that obscures the start/stop button altogether?

https://i.imgur.com/I0euWeq.png

max2344 β˜†
3 years ago

Hi,

which mod version/game versions are you using?

Regards,

-max2344

3 years ago

2.18.17 on factorio 1.0.0

max2344 β˜†
3 years ago

That was fixed on 1.1 with 2.20. The reactors can only be operated through combinator network signals. However that is not going to be fixed for 1.0 variant, since we're planning a major update.

Regards,

-max2344

3 years ago

Oh, thats rad! Thanks!

New response