Realistic Reactors

Add realistic nuclear reactors including a breeder reactor type and cooling tower. The reactors must be controlled through integrated circuit interface signals. The thermal energy output is dynamic and depends on reactor core temperature. The reactors require sophisticated designs of their cooling system and heat-pipe network. If the operational conditions aren't met then a reactor core meltdown with dangerous consequences occurs

Content
19 days ago
0.16 - 1.1
Power

i [done] what a nightmare the mod code has become?

max2344 β˜†
3 years ago
(updated 3 years ago)

I think I did it. Mod version 2.19.0 is... I mean should be compatible with Factorio version 1.1.
Did I already say what a nightmare the mod code has become?
…

We are long term users of the RealisticReactors mod and recently looked through the code. Definitely it is a nightmare and we thought we'd improve that situation. So we rewrote the event handler interface, fixed another bug and reformatted most of the source. So far we implemented our changes in the spirit of functional programming.

We uploaded the result at our site
and we're open for further collaboration. What do you think?

Kind regards,

-max2344, dodo.the.last

3 years ago

Well, to be honest I actually don't like splitting up the code in so many parts, I prefer one big control.lua file where I use do...end blocks to separate what logically belongs together. With the option of opening and closing those blocks and the containing functions this makes even a 1200 line control.lua more or less easy navigatable in my opinion (like this example from my AircraftDrones mod):

But I guess that's my personal preferation, I know many other modders take the same approach as you did (including OwnlyMe who also worked on this mod at some point and did most of the splits). And that's also not what's bothering me the most about this mod - that is that over the years the code grew and many features were added and currently I can't really say what is happening where and why...

That beeing said I have gotten used to the way it is, and if you want to contribute I'd be happy to share the mod ownership - I'm not sad if I don't have to fix all issues by myself ;)

If you want you can add me on Discord (IngoKnieto#4925), that will make communication easier...

max2344 β˜†
3 years ago

No problem, adding you as max2344#2539 on discord, lets talk there. Please drop me a message when you have some time to talk. For us, any evening is great.

Kind regards,

-max2344, dodo.the.last

New response