Realistic Reactors

Add realistic nuclear reactors including a breeder reactor type and cooling tower. The reactors must be controlled through integrated circuit interface signals. The thermal energy output is dynamic and depends on reactor core temperature. The reactors require sophisticated designs of their cooling system and heat-pipe network. If the operational conditions aren't met then a reactor core meltdown with dangerous consequences occurs

Content
1 year, 10 months ago
0.16 - 1.1
Power

b [done] Reactor Power Output is wrong.

3 years ago

While using some really powerful modded Turbines/Heat Exchangers, I've noticed that your circuit thing for the power output is wrong.

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/656460872222375936/750673011954417715/20200902050257_1.jpg

Each turbine can output 92.8MW, so 928 MW total. They are all running at full capacity, while your circuit reports just over half that being produced by the reactors.

3 years ago

That's weird, but I can't reproduce it...
In one of my current setups I have an reactor output of 2 x 62 MW = ~120 MW, which feeds 12 vanilla heat exchangers (max.consumption 10 MW), which feeds 20.7 vanilla turbines (max output 5.8 MW). All works as expected.

Do your heat exchangers also have a max. consumption of 92.8 MW? Maybe they multiply energy somehow, the reactor signal is exactly what the reactor produces...

3 years ago
(updated 3 years ago)

Each exchange feeds 2 turbines, through exact energy consumption. The water consumption is auto calculated by the game.

Each exchanger outputs 960 1000 degree steam/second.

Each turbine consumes 480 steam/second.

The exchangers do only require to be 900 degrees instead of 1000, I lowered that as 1000 is too high to use your reactors...

But AFAIK, that shouldn't affect the energy consumption.

3 years ago

I don't know, all I can say is that the signal definitely is the power production of the reactor.

If you don't have any other ideas try building the reactors with one tile space between them. I don't really think it's an issue anymore, but I remember in the earlier days of this mod placing reactors right next to each other caused some problems.

3 years ago
(updated 3 years ago)

I have a similar issue. I run 6 breeder on 985°C with a total sum 480 MW. I saw that the reactor was still cooled quite a lot, so i added about 50% extra exchangers+turbines and it can easy keep up the heat for those continuously. My factory uses mostly more then 800MW. There are no additional modded energy parts involved. Only addition is about 100MW of solar for good measure :-D. I can give u my savegame if you like.

max2344 ☆
3 years ago

Hi,

these issues will be fixed with the 3.0 release. I tested this to a large part already. It could help debugging if you send us your factorio version and mod list of what you're using.

Regards.

-max2344

New response