Realistic Reactors

Add realistic nuclear reactors including a breeder reactor type and cooling tower. The reactors must be controlled through integrated circuit interface signals. The thermal energy output is dynamic and depends on reactor core temperature. The reactors require sophisticated designs of their cooling system and heat-pipe network. If the operational conditions aren't met then a reactor core meltdown with dangerous consequences occurs

Content
11 days ago
0.16 - 1.1
Power

b Infinite Power

3 years ago
(updated 3 years ago)

Reactor can be constantly boosted with hot steam, [pump (temp<915)], preventing temperature from dropping down. I was mange to get 210MW on a single core. The reactor can be even turned off and this still work.

Very safe and efficient. :3

3 years ago

Yes I know that is possible. We left this in as a feature, so that you can pre-heat the reactor and the heat exchanger network, but probably this should only be possible up to a certain temperature.
Maybe I find time some day to fix this... ;)

3 years ago

There's a mod for a check valve in one of these mods upgrading pipes and connections...maybe you could use the code from that to prevent sending steam backwards into the reactor?

New response