Realistic Reactors

Add realistic nuclear reactors including a breeder reactor type and cooling tower. The reactors must be controlled through integrated circuit interface signals. The thermal energy output is dynamic and depends on reactor core temperature. The reactors require sophisticated designs of their cooling system and heat-pipe network. If the operational conditions aren't met then a reactor core meltdown with dangerous consequences occurs

Content
8 days ago
0.16 - 1.1
Power

g Symmetry Planned?

4 years ago

I like to build my bases in a symmetrical fashion at times and with reactors having 4 together means you can build the coolers on the top and the bottom, however it appears that the fluid intake/output in only on the bottom of the reactor so any designs cannot be flipped to contain a cooler above the reactor unless it pipes to the lower outputs and inputs (which are blocked by the other reactors by that point) meaning that the design layout has to be in a similar design to this: https://imgur.com/a/N9SwkRk
Where I would rather take the top half, flip it around and replace the bottom half so that it becomes a mirror image of the top (almost, aside from the reactor combinator)

4 years ago

Honestly one of the points, that is bugging me personally the most.
But it's not likely going to be happening, making the reactors rotatable is a lot of work and comes with tons of problems...

4 years ago

Awww :(
Fair enough though, I do love the extra steps it adds into the process of gaining power but it bugs me slightly a little too much for now. Will certainly use in the future though for sure, love trying to find a good way to set it up.
Also the first time a meltdown happened, I was alt tabbed and the sounds made me jump XD

New response