Realistic Reactors - Utilities

by OwnlyMe

Adds tools for the use with RealisticReactors: Decontamination/fire-extinguisher foam, Radiation protection suit, Underground heat pipes, Heat switch. (Doesn't require RealisticReactors)

Utilities
4 years ago
0.16 - 0.18

g bob's power compatibility

4 years ago

could you add underground tiers of heat pipes provided by bob's power? (bob's pipes aren't just made from diferent materials, but also reach a higher temperatura, I wouldnt ask if it wasn't for that)

4 years ago

ok, before you start working on this, how do I use underground pipes to begin with?, I wanted to use this mod, mainly for the underground heat pipes, which I needed for a nuclear design of my own (with bob's power), but I can't figure out how to use them

4 years ago

you simply build them.., for example next to your reactor and next to the heat exchangers.

4 years ago

oh, and thy just connect themselves, they dont need to be aligned or anything?

4 years ago

yes, no limitations

4 years ago

Oh, cool

4 years ago

In that case, could you make underground heat pipes for Bob's heat pipes?

4 years ago
(updated 4 years ago)

they should be compatible

4 years ago

it depends, I mean, you can use your underground pipes with bobs nuclear system, yes, but its temperatura does not reach higher tan 1000º, when bobs heat pipes reach 1500º

4 years ago

if i start with that, i'd soon have to change the whole realistic reactors mod too.

4 years ago

ok, Nevermind then

4 years ago

Just an idea, if it's also too much work leave it, but bus asking, could you just change the max temperature of the underground pipe to 1500°?, as I said, just asking, don't know if it's too messy

4 years ago

btw, two more questions about how this pipes work:

it goes 1 with 1 doesn't it?, I mean, you have to put one U-pipe next to a reactor for each U-pipe you put next to a heat exchanger, right?

and second, it always goes reactor to heat exchanger, I mean, if you put two or more U-pipes next one or more reactors, do they connect to each other, or they detect and ignore the same kind of entity?, I dont know if I explained myself clearly enought

4 years ago
(updated 4 years ago)

All underground heatpipes share the same network.
It basically makes sets the temperatures of all underground heatpipes to the average temperature among all underground heat pipes on every tick

4 years ago

Oh, I see, and the max temperature thing?

4 years ago

I was thinking, you said that if you made underground pipes for Bob's pipes, you would have to completely redo the realistic reactors mod, because this mod is intended to be used with that one, but if you make that compatibility soft, and add a non compatibility condition to realistic reactors with Bob's power, there would be no problem, right?, I mean, that way one could use U-pipes with Bob's power, but not realistic reactors with Bob's power (and in that last case, there would be only one kind of U-pipe

4 years ago

I want bob's power compatibility because the higher tier heatpipes have a higher flow rate. Your underground pipes and heat switch only have 1GW, while bob's tier 3 has 5GW flow cap.

New response