Rampant Evolution

by Veden

Changes evolution mechanic to allow for green play. All evolution parameters are configurable and retroactively work on-the-fly. Tries to balance evolution level with number of nests covered by pollution. Killing units reduces evolution. Sets vanilla map evolution factors to 0 in new game settings and can change existing save map evolution factors in mod settings. If you want the vanilla options still, use the mod settings in Rampant Evolution. Has stats for displaying evolution in game.

11 months ago

i Evolution - research cap

9 months ago

Good afternoon again, the second idea I would like to propose is a parameter that indicates at what stage of technology the player reaches the maximum military power.
A little more detail:
Now in the settings there is a connection between evolution and learned technologies, firstly this is a great setting, it alone greatly improves the game in large modpacks. However, it is based on the total number of studies. The main problem with this formula is that overall technology progress is not related to its actual progress in military technology, usually the maximum military power is reached before all technologies are researched.

For example, the SE mod adds a very long tech tree, but the peak of military power is somewhere around the Altilir tech, which is unlocked somewhere around 40-50% of general research. Thus, according to the old formula, we will have a weapon power of 90-100%, at a time when the biters will always be at 50% of their power. The setup I suggested will correct this nuance.

Developing this topic, I want to note 2 nuances:
1. Usually, all military technologies are studied with the help of military science, therefore, more attention can be paid to the progress in military technology, when calculating the maximum evolution. This can be beaten with an additional checkbox "take into account only military technologies", or a more complex formula that will consider not only all existing technologies, but also share what% of the influence on the total cap will be carried by all "non-military technologies" and "military technologies" (for example 20%/80%). In general, you can think in this direction.
2. % where the player learns the strongest military technologies, it is not correct to consider the maximum for the evolution cap, because. learning technologies is not the same as using them. Therefore, for example, if a player knows that the cap of his strength is somewhere between 55-60% of all technologies, it would be reasonable to lay a little more reserve until the player starts using the technologies he has learned, this can be like a constant in fashion in the form of 2-3% , and a configurable additional parameter. In general, think about this.

I hope you understand my idea, if something is unclear, or seems strange - you can write, I will explain, well, or if you consider it a bad idea - well, your mod, your rules :D

New response