Rampant Evolution

by Veden

Changes evolution mechanic to allow for green play. All evolution parameters are configurable and retroactively work on-the-fly. Tries to balance evolution level with number of nests covered by pollution. Killing units reduces evolution. Sets vanilla map evolution factors to 0 in new game settings and can change existing save map evolution factors in mod settings. If you want the vanilla options still, use the mod settings in Rampant Evolution. Has stats for displaying evolution in game.

11 months ago

b Kills are off by a factor of 100

9 months ago

In the base game, the spawner kills are weighted at100X compared to time and pollution.
If you wanted the spawner setting to be equivalent to 300 in the base game, it would have to be 30000 in your settings, because right now, it barely has an impact.

In general, I'd suggest making kills/destroyed trees have built-in 100X multipliers to mirror the base game, with clear indicators so that you're comparing applies to applies and not throwing around numbers in the tens of thousands.

On another note, are you sure about biter kills reducing evolution? Seems like it would be an incentive to spawncamp nests to suppress evolution.

8 months ago

You can tweak those numbers yourself in the settings. I like increasing evo with biter kills and reducing with spawner kills. Forces you to go out the base and purge em.

8 months ago

Oh, I know, it's just that the description says that these settings use the same scale as the map settings in vanilla.
And the default values in this mod are set as if that were the case.

7 months ago
(updated 7 months ago)

If I am reading it right, Rampant hives (Spawners) are set to 30000. It is only vanilla spawners which are set to 300. That could simply be a typo on the devs part.

Edit: Okay, scratch that. Rampant hives are set to -30000

New response