Rampant Evolution

by Veden

Changes evolution mechanic to allow for green play. All evolution parameters are configurable and retroactively work on-the-fly. Tries to balance evolution level with number of nests covered by pollution. Killing units reduces evolution. Sets vanilla map evolution factors to 0 in new game settings and can change existing save map evolution factors in mod settings. If you want the vanilla options still, use the mod settings in Rampant Evolution. Has stats for displaying evolution in game.

11 months ago

b Evolution at zero?

1 year, 13 days ago

For some reason my evolution has dropped to zero. I'm still creating lots of pollution and I even tried killing some nests, but it doesn't want to rise from zero. It used to be around 23%, if I am remembering correctly. I loaded the save without the mod and then with the mod and it started at like 30 something then quickly dropped to zero.

1 year, 13 days ago

Do you have a save that you are willing to share?

1 year, 13 days ago

Sure. I can just give you my current save and in all its madness. How do I send it?

1 year, 6 days ago

I've been having the same issue. Only way for me to get my evolution up is to make a huge amount of pollution all at once with true nuke's nukes. Let me get a save together. Dropbox links work for you?

a year ago

Map with this and many other mods. After several hours showing 0% evolution. https://www.dropbox.com/s/bbq4fez8vs52wvv/Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh%203.zip?dl=0

11 months ago
(updated 11 months ago)

@Glendening, you have
~28k in tree absorption with -8 evo per point = -224000
~1k in tree damage with 27 evo per point = 2700
~11k in tile absorption with 7 evo per point = 77000
7 nests with 300 evo per point = 2100
542 biter kills with -10 evo per point = -5420

which comes to -147620.

until that number becomes positive the evolution wont increase.

you may want to reduce the tree absorption evolution from -8 to -2
and potential increase the tile absorption evolution from 7 to 12

11 months ago

Ah. So everything is working perfectly. I just Didn't realize how clean the air is. Thank you for the clarification.

11 months ago

Where can I read that for myself? I'm curious what my stats are as well, since the console cheat doesn't give the numbers just shows me 0's.

Seems to me that it my be better if every (x) minutes it wipes out a number that's below 0 though, because otherwise you could potentially buffer a huge negative - but then have evolution shoot up dramatically and very suddenly when your pollution has tipped into generating evolution but you don't realize it until it hits positive - and then starts climbing crazy fast.

New response