Rampant Evolution

by Veden

Changes evolution mechanic to allow for green play. All evolution parameters are configurable and retroactively work on-the-fly. Tries to balance evolution level with number of nests covered by pollution. Killing units reduces evolution. Sets vanilla map evolution factors to 0 in new game settings and can change existing save map evolution factors in mod settings. If you want the vanilla options still, use the mod settings in Rampant Evolution. Has stats for displaying evolution in game.

11 months ago

i Evolution multiplier based on research

1 year, 6 months ago

hi! first great mod!
i've been using it since i started playing with rampant, krastorio and space exploration and i was thinking if it's possible / you are interested on adding an evolution speed multiplier based on research for all the positive evolution factors.
The reason is that playing with rampant's hives and krastorio's filters makes really easy to keep biters at bay on low evolution (without consider the anti biter virus), and it would be cool to make them speed up in evolution rate as the player unlock more and more ways to reduce their evolution.

1 year, 5 months ago

So the idea is: more player research = faster evolution changes?

Could also add some technologies that modify evolution factor changes.

1 year, 4 months ago

yeah, something like a lerp between a starting multiplier and an ending multiplier with all researches unlocked (configurable so that one can also have them be quicker at the start and slower at the end if interested, if possible)
there are so many possibility for improvement in the interactions between player and evolution

1 year, 1 month ago

This has been added along with a tick based multiplier

New response