Rampant Evolution

by Veden

Changes evolution mechanic to allow for green play. All evolution parameters are configurable and retroactively work on-the-fly. Tries to balance evolution level with number of nests covered by pollution. Killing units reduces evolution. Sets vanilla map evolution factors to 0 in new game settings and can change existing save map evolution factors in mod settings. If you want the vanilla options still, use the mod settings in Rampant Evolution. Has stats for displaying evolution in game.

11 months ago

b Bug with pausing vanilla evolution factors

1 year, 11 months ago

I started a new game, then remembered that I was supposed to adjust RE's evolution settings so I did that. Some time later I noticed that evolution was alarmingly fast and the breakdown on RE's evolution stats screen didn't add up to the total evolution. The reason turned out to be that vanilla evolution had gotten turned back on, even though I thought it was initially disabled in the map settings. In the code I see that onModSettingsChange always sets the state of vanilla evolution according to the "pause vanilla evolution" setting. So it looks like my changing RE's settings mid-game inadvertently re-enabled vanilla evolution. Either vanilla evolution should remain disabled, or the "pause vanilla evolution" setting should be on by default for new games.

1 year, 11 months ago

I can switch the default to enable pause vanilla evolution.

New response