Rampant Evolution

by Veden

Changes evolution mechanic to allow for green play. All evolution parameters are configurable and retroactively work on-the-fly. Tries to balance evolution level with number of nests covered by pollution. Killing units reduces evolution. Sets vanilla map evolution factors to 0 in new game settings and can change existing save map evolution factors in mod settings. If you want the vanilla options still, use the mod settings in Rampant Evolution. Has stats for displaying evolution in game.

11 months ago

b evolution not updating correctly

2 years ago

hi! i was the guy who opened the post about an incompatibility or some problem that prevented killed spawners to be remembered.
i have done some test with the new version and i have found some issue:

i have noticed that spawners killed still doesn't increase evolution, so i tried making all other values to 0 to test only that.
with only spawners evolution set for example at 5000, killing them does not increase the evolution value, but, if i change the value, then change back to 5000, the evolution is updated correctly, taking into account spawners killed before.

i have not tested with other values.
let me know if you can reproduce it, or if it's something to do with my modpack

2 years ago

Every 2.5 minutes the mod grabs the pollution and kill statistics.
After the pollution and kill statistics are pulled, deltas are computed from the previous values vs the new values.
The deltas are then counted individually and the evolution factor is computed continuously from these deltas.
2.5 minutes is a trade off of performance cost vs reactiveness.

Does the kill get registered after 2.5 minutes?

2 years ago

yes, it does, my bad, i didn't tought about an optimization, it make sense.

New response