Rampant Evolution

by Veden

Changes evolution mechanic to allow for green play. All evolution parameters are configurable and retroactively work on-the-fly. Tries to balance evolution level with number of nests covered by pollution. Killing units reduces evolution. Sets vanilla map evolution factors to 0 in new game settings and can change existing save map evolution factors in mod settings. If you want the vanilla options still, use the mod settings in Rampant Evolution. Has stats for displaying evolution in game.

11 months ago

g Only trees, or modded buildings

3 years ago

This has a setting for evolution per tree absorbed pollution. I assume that literally just means trees, but some mods (e.g. pyanodons) have buildings that also absorb pollution as they run. I'm wondering if any of these evolution settings will interact with those buildings as well (and if so, how?)

3 years ago

trees that are damaged by pollution will cause evolution to go up, but general absorption of pollution by trees will cause evolution to go down.

I don't know what buildings are trees in pyanodons or how they function, so I can't say for certain how things will interact.

3 years ago

I don't have any filters for modded buildings that are actually trees.

3 years ago

The things OP is talking about are assemblers with negative pollution emission values (representing farm / forestry, etc).

3 years ago

Assemblers with negative pollution wont change anything within this mod.

3 years ago

only spawners, trees, tiles, biters, spitters, and hives if you have Rampants new enemies on.

2 years ago

preventing pollution in the first place (k2 air purifier etc) won't help?

2 years ago

If pollution doesnt reach spawners, trees, tiles, biters, spitters, and hives then evolution will not increase.
Purifier work fine.

New response