Quick Map Tag

Add map tags with right-click again.

Utilities
2 years ago

b QuickMapTag error started today [fixed in 0.3.1]

2 years ago

Below is the error. I'm guessing it was the update to https://mods.factorio.com/mod/flib that is the cause.

QuickMapTag/control.lua:31: attempt to call field 'add_handlers' (a nil value)
stack traceback:
QuickMapTag/control.lua:31: in main chunk

2 years ago

Rolling back flib to .7 fixed this error. Hopefully this is updated soon, but I've just pinned my mod versions for the mean time.

2 years ago

Yeah, I removed a deprecated GUI module from flib. This is one of the dozen or so mods that were using it. I can post a working version of this mod later tonight since the author doesn't seem to be around.

2 years ago

same for me.
subs

2 years ago

I updated the mod to work with the new flib version simply by copying the old module to the mod's code and changing the requires. Here it is.

2 years ago

@raiguard: When I deprecate methods I usually replace them with a dummy for a while to have less confusing errors.

function Module.do_something() error('Module.do_something is deprecated') end
2 years ago
(updated 2 years ago)

Yeah, in hindsight, I should have done that. Too late now though. There were only a handful of mods that used the old module and the ones I know of have updated now.

2 years ago

Hi all, apologies but the last few months haven't been great IRL and I completely missed this issue.

Thank you very much raiguard for the fix, I just patched it similarly to the fix you shared.

2 years ago

Hot damn! Thank you for updating this! It works beautifully. <3

New response