Temporary Stations (Wait Conditions and Personal Trains)

The mod lets you control the behaviour of trains upon arriving at temporary stations. The train either switches to manual mode or waits with custom conditions. You can also define a Train as your Personal Train and use the shortcut to call that train to your position.

Content
4 years ago
0.17 - 0.18
Trains

g Improve multiplayer

4 years ago

I like this mod a lot, but there are a few things that don't work great in multiplayer:
Each player can set their own personal train. That is better than just one for all, but a shared pool would be even better. For example, when you have a passenger station that has two trains waiting behind each other, it would be nice if the mod would call the first one, instead of "yours".
The other thing is that all messages are printed to all players. For example if my buddy clicks the button, it tells me to select a train.

I have some modding experience in multiplayer, so I can send you a pull request if you'd like.

4 years ago

Hi,

messages sent to all players is a bug, i'll release an update.

Choosing a train sounds doable, but very specific to your setup and a lot can go wrong there. If you want to implement such a feature go ahead. The mod is published under the MIT license. In case i don't like the feature you can publish the changes yourself.

cheers

4 years ago

I have no modding background, but based on the usage case I can suggest that it might be a good idea (even beyond the scope of this mod feature) if you simply installed dedicated stops for each train. How you name them, if you choose to assign them the same name, if you control with smarts, or if there is a need for a parked train to be loaded / unloaded / fueled / repaired, etc., sounds like it would influence what the final product of multiple individual train stops would look like, but I am not sure of any reason that would make it impossible.

Context: I run LTN, which relies on all LTN-managed train stops to have unique names system-wide. I have some vanilla / non-LTN stops for exception cases, and I suppose that assigning some of those stops duplicated names (so long as they don't duplicate an LTN stop) would probably be ok as far as the mod is concerned, but I decided it's easier to simply apply the same naming rules across all stops regardless. Not sure how doable my suggestion is in your map.

New response