Pyanodon Pollution Fix 0.17 deprecated

Pyanodon's buildings don't emit enough pollution in 0.17 due to Factorio API changes. Let's fix that. Now (nearly) complete!

4 years ago

g Evolution bite

4 years ago

Thanks. Probably all this is as it should be, but nevertheless: py complexes are very bulky - many buildings have to be erected, and this in turn will lead to accelerated evolution of bites in terms of pollution parameter. What do you think of it?

4 years ago

Yeah, I noticed that, but the clearest way to deal with that is probably just to change the global evolution pollution factor, as I don't want to change vanilla buildings and without this config (or something like it) switching to a pY building to do the same process would be several orders of magnitude less polluting. Building area already seemed close to accurate, as the vanilla oil refinery produces much more pollution than a chemical plant, and the difference between "extractors" and "production" was based on the difference between chemical plants/assemblers and pumpjacks.

Personally, I can't actually talk to the balance on default settings, as I'm playing a game with no time evolution and half the minimum pollution evolution factor (by Lua command) to accommodate OmniScience, which is essentially a less frustrating form of a high tech cost multiplier. The last red tech in pY is going to cost me some 24000 science packs, so I felt justified.

4 years ago
(updated 4 years ago)

Actually, looking at vanilla again, oil refineries produce less pollution than I thought they did. I'll probably change it to scale by perimeter of building instead of area, as that's actually more relevant to inserters. Also, looking at assembly machines 1, 2 and 3, pollution should be decreasing per tier, not just decreasing per product made per tier, so I will change that as well.

New response