PyCoal Touched By an Angel

Seven Mods for the Arch666Angel under the sky, Seventeen for the Bobingabout in their halls of stone, Nine for Pyanodon doomed to die, One for the Dark Lord on his dark throne, In the Land of Mordor where the Shadows lie, One Mod to rule them all, one Mod to find them, One Mod to bring them all and in the darkness bind them

Tweaks
2 months ago
0.15 - 1.1

g Missing handcrafting recipe for electronic circuits

4 years ago

in ./prototypes/recipe.lua, line 1211.

pretty sure this recipe should be outputting your new electronic circuit item instead of PCB1 since we do lose the manual recipe for electronic circuits, the ingredients are exactly the same and makes no sense having a manual recipe for PCB1....

I wonder how people were able to build machines without this recipe....

4 years ago

Also.... later in the file, you disable the electronic-circuit (Py) recipe. But.... the function that replaces one circuit with the other that runs inside overrides-hightech.lua only runs if bob electronics is present.
Since the mod is optional.... you are removing a recipe and not replacing the items that used it with the new item....

4 years ago
(updated 4 years ago)

while at it......

Similar issue happens with advanced circuit and processing units, besides, you are not disabling these two recipes.... Not sure about the impact of that.
Also, processing units in your mod is missing the ingredients gold and solder and advanced circuits is missing solder and optical fibers.

4 years ago

Ok.... easier approach to this...your override recipes are only needed because py-tech and bobs electronics touch the same items so....why not check if both mods are present (py-highttech and bobs electronics) in recipes.lua/items.lua/overrides-rawores.lua and avoid all this mess if both mods are not present?

4 years ago

its not entirely just when bobs electronics and pyht are both active but a few others that also have issues with being properly adjusted to pyht.

granted between between the amount of times its been fixed, refixed, unfixed, adjusted and changed to deal with any given issue it has become a bit of a mess and i think im going to go though it all with a fine tooth comb and clean it up. honestly the whole mod is like that at this point as is a slow work in progress to clean up.

as to your first post about pcb1 being the manual recipe i cannot remember why that was set up that way. might have been how it was in pyht bob overrides and i just copied it over.

if you have any specific issues that are stopping game progression let me know asap and ill fix them otherwise i will work over the file and clean it up but it probably wont get completely revised for the next update im pushing out on Tuesday.

4 years ago

I manually fixed it on my side, made the recipes/items only be available when both mods are available (including the new valve) and everything is working fine but I am only using Bob's Logistics and Bob's Mining so yeah, other mods might create some conflict that I am not aware.

I think ages ago, PCB's were the ones that were made manually and most of machines used PCB's instead of electronic circuits so... maybe that is why. Just wonder, if this really changed, how no one noticed it yet since it might prevent game progression (not sure if it does, maybe bob's adds other items that circumvent this issue)

And I feel for you.... it is a total nightmare, since you have hundreds of mods combinations plus Py constantly doing major changes....

4 years ago

honestly have no idea. people report issues in so many places and half the time i never even hear about them. at this point i have to regularly check the forums, here, Reddit, and discord just to hopefully be aware of some issue after someone add 100+ mods and of course it breaks something.

also doesnt help that the original version was released almost 2 years ago and i very much didnt know what i was doing. hell that first version has like 9 overrides, 3 recipes. other than mod info. thats it.

At this point im working on getting the whole thing rewritten to be better now and much more balanced. which after i get pyblock updated will be out in a few weeks with at least the progress thru the first 3 science packs re-balanced

4 years ago
(updated 4 years ago)

kingarthur, do you accept collaboration via pull requests?
https://github.com/kingarthur91/PyCoalTBaA/pulls
If nagapito merged his changes, it would certainly help to be faster with the fixes, as for example the processing units gold/solder issue is certainly valid (there are currently two recipes avaiable), even though I don't get what the rest is about.

4 years ago

i will gladly take pull requests. or any other form of code somebody wants to send

4 years ago

kingarthur,
I think the recent update to PyCoalTBaA (0.0.56) made it impossible to automate Printed Circuit Substrate 1 production. I've been running a Bobs/Angels/Py game and after the updates today (6/10) I've lost the ability to handcraft PCS1. Much of the required infrastructure to automate PCS1 production needs some number of PCS1s in the recipe (Inserter needs 1, PCB Factory needs 6, Assembling Machine 1 needs 3, Electric Mining Drill needs 3, Lab needs 10, etc.). Starting a new game might be DoA with the inability to craft a Lab to do any research. I'm not a coder but I checked the GitHub link above and I'm guessing it was this change that is causing the problem: "fix handcrafted circuit was set to pcb and not circuit 1" in the Prototype folder. Thank you for all you effort with this mod!
Mike

4 years ago

just great. well if the last version was working for you id suggest reverting to it till i get somethings taken care of. see this post if you want details on the situation. https://forums.factorio.com/viewtopic.php?f=190&t=51967&p=435831#p435831

4 years ago

To anyone who wants to fix it on their own, you just need to put in an 'else' statement on line 1215 in prototypes\recipes.lua.

Lines 1199 through 1213 generate the proper item, but then it gets immediately overwritten by the next recipe without the else in place.

4 years ago

buhamut, I tried that but I'm not a coder and it didn't seem to work. What's the exact code I plop in if you don't mind?

4 years ago

Just delete lines 1215 thru 1229

4 years ago

true enough, the else statement would have been nice but getting it to work all the time is tough. Just delete the other lines, or reverse the recipes.

4 years ago

Yes. But it among many other issues like this and I'm reworking the whole thing to eliminate these issues.

The else statement is better for a released version but for one person just deleting the lines is a lot easier.

New response