Production Scrap 2

All items produce industrial waste, which must be recycled. See the Changelog and FAQ for other mod compatibility.

Content
3 years ago
0.16 - 1.1
Manufacturing

g Handcrafting

6 years ago
(updated 5 years ago)

[SOLVED]When I have this mod enabled, I notice I have to make all intermediate ingredients manually as opposed to making a product and it automatically queuing the needed intermediates. Is this just a side-effect of the mod because of the scrap? Perhaps disable scrap for handcrafting if possible will fix? Either way, cool mod, I love the idea!

6 years ago

Thanks for that info Splicer, it's really a side-effect i didnt know! I will try to work on it and try to disable it in some way for handcrafting.

5 years ago

thanks it seems fixed!

5 years ago

Uh, I take that back, I must have had the mod disabled I think cause I definitely have it enabled at the moment and yea, I have to manually make all intermediates. Its not too huge a deal as it encourages you to automate production of a bit more items than you normally would. Still, it would be nice if it wasnt like this :)

5 years ago

Someone on the forums referred me to this: https://wiki.factorio.com/Prototype/Recipe#allow_as_intermediate in regards to fixing this issue

5 years ago

This seems to be the way. I do not know if it would be more to block hand crafting, I'm thinking of creating the recipes without scraps in "hidden" mode, this way only using these recipes when using hand crafting .. I'll test it!

5 years ago

[SOLVED] Thanks DellAquila!

5 years ago

Ran into the follow issues:
-Cant craft a 'wooden chest', due to the intermediate 'wood' not crafting automatically.
-Inventory UI is not correctly calculating how many items could be crafted, recipes are grayed if a intermediate needs to be crafted first. This doesn't prevent a player from crafting, its just misleading/confusing.

5 years ago

-Cant craft a 'wooden chest', due to the intermediate 'wood' not crafting automatically.

this seems to be a problem with several mods ...
I'm currently not using this mod and have the same problem :-(

5 years ago

now, i am using (testing) this mod and can't handcraft most/all items, also not red science pack 1 which COULD be handcrafted with the production scrap 1 mod ...

and then this mod has almost the same problems as the production scrap 1 mod, with some mods like "Same Tier Braiding" which i have just reported at https://mods.factorio.com/mod/ProductionScrap/discussion/5be3e4fd8055ba000c1a5ba6

New response