Classic Factorio Basic Oil Processing

Reverts oil changes and the affected techs and recipes to the way they were before 0.17.60, allowing Basic Oil Processing to output all 3 fluid products, with the difference between Basic and Advanced being the output ratios (Advanced favors Petroleum Gas while Basic is more balanced). Includes optional settings to piecemeal disable the tech reversions.

Tweaks
1 year, 10 months ago
0.17 - 1.1
Fluids Manufacturing

g Mod name chage

2 years ago

I've come back to the game. I'm thinking of changing the mod's name/title to something better (I mean, to new people, wtf does the current title actually mean, right?).

If anyone is around and sees this, I'm open to suggestions.

(Omnifarious, you still around?)

2 years ago

I am still around. :-) Not very active, but I do small maintenance tasks here and there.

Yeah, a change of title probably is a good idea. I'm not sure exactly what a good one would be though, off the top of my head.

2 years ago

Hmm, thinking either Classic or Legacy Factorio Basic Oil Processing.

2 years ago

I like "Classic". It's closer to the spirit in which the mod was first created.

2 years ago

Done!

2 years ago
(updated 2 years ago)

No pull request. 😏 Well, it's a minor change. I'll download the zip figure out the change and add it to the github repo.

2 years ago
(updated 2 years ago)

Oh, sorry! I've never used git. I always just keep local copies. :P

I just changed the change log and info files, that's it.

2 years ago

Personally, I prefer Mercurial with a mod that lets me talk directly to git repos. Mercurial is easier to use than git, but it's a bit tricky to set up the hggit extension for the first time. Easy to use once it is set up though.

I'm a software engineer by day, so I use version control religiously. :-) I also did some important work on Mercurial early in its history. :-)

2 years ago

And, it is done. :-) In the future, if I do this, I should put your name in the git history.

New response