Classic Factorio Basic Oil Processing

Reverts oil changes and the affected techs and recipes to the way they were before 0.17.60, allowing Basic Oil Processing to output all 3 fluid products, with the difference between Basic and Advanced being the output ratios (Advanced favors Petroleum Gas while Basic is more balanced). Includes optional settings to piecemeal disable the tech reversions.

Tweaks
1 year, 10 months ago
0.17 - 1.1
Fluids Manufacturing

b Broken by with Factorio 0.18.13

4 years ago

Just updated Factorio and got this on start:

Failed to load mod "Pre0-17-60Oil": __Pre0-17-60Oil__/data.lua:1: __Pre0-17-60Oil__/prototypes/technologies.lua:132: attempt to index local 'characterlogisticslots1tech' (a nil value)
stack traceback:
    __Pre0-17-60Oil__/prototypes/technologies.lua:132: in main chunk
    [C]: in function 'require'
    __Pre0-17-60Oil__/data.lua:1: in main chunk
stack traceback:
    [C]: in function 'require'
    __Pre0-17-60Oil__/data.lua:1: in main chunk
4 years ago
(updated 4 years ago)

Yep, about to upload a fix now. :-) Please tell me if you see anything more wrong with it. I've done only the most minimal testing. Though, the only change was to remove any attempt to modify the now non-existent slot and trash slot technologies.

I will say though, that makes the logistics unlock with only red and green science a heck of a lot more powerful than it used to be.

4 years ago

Thanks for the quick fix! It seems to work, at least the game loaded and did run -- until the next mod caused a crash. In the past, the developers used to announce breaking changes some time before releasing the update. I wonder why they didn't do it this time! Changing GUI stuff is bound to break things …

4 years ago
(updated 4 years ago)

Well, they gave a weekend's notice, which isn't much. But, the details in that notice were enough for me to quickly come up with a fix for the problem that I was pretty sure was the right one.

I sort of forgive them. They're in a sort of rapid iteration, semi-crunch mode now, getting ready for the final release. If they did the advance warning thing they used to it would really slow things down.

4 years ago

They did? I totally missed that! Never mind then, I didn't complain about anything. :-D

New response