Classic Factorio Basic Oil Processing

Reverts oil changes and the affected techs and recipes to the way they were before 0.17.60, allowing Basic Oil Processing to output all 3 fluid products, with the difference between Basic and Advanced being the output ratios (Advanced favors Petroleum Gas while Basic is more balanced). Includes optional settings to piecemeal disable the tech reversions.

Tweaks
1 year, 10 months ago
0.17 - 1.1
Fluids Manufacturing

g GDIW compatibility?

4 years ago

Whose court is this ball in, I don't know. :D

4 years ago

You'll have to tell me what GDIW is, but with this mod loaded, it's as if loading without the 0.17.60 changes, which are pretty drastic. If the other mod makes changes to these same techs/has "adapted" to 0.17.60, then in order to be compatible with this one, they'd have to set an optional dependency in their info.json file and then in the places where these mods can conflict, they'll need to add conditional checks to see if this mod is loaded and adapt accordingly.

There might be a way of accomplishing this with a compatibility mod as well if the author of the other mod doesn't want to do any of that.

4 years ago

GDIW is "Gah! DarnItWater!" It adds recipes that swap inputs and outputs for refineries etc.

The new version follows the vanilla recipes, and the author told me GDIW will never change recipes.

4 years ago

Ah, ok. Yeah, sorry, but this mod adapting itself for other mods would be hard to do cause there are so many that may want this that I’m going to call this “out of scope.”

That said, I will be adding settings so you can pick and choose which changes to revert, but something like allowing the creation of different output combos if GDIW is detected won’t be one of the things I’ll do. A separate mod could do this, though (like a compatibility patch).

New response