Adds higher tier powerarmor and equipment

Content
3 years ago
0.13 - 1.1
Armor

b Launch error with 0.14.2

7 years ago
(updated 7 years ago)

Error with 0.14.2 launching with Power And Armor version from 30Aug. Game message:

Error while loading equipment prototype "night-vision-equipment-mk2" (night-vision-equipment): No such node (categories)
Modifications: PowerAndArmor

7 years ago

To Author: This is fixed by adding

"categories = {"armor"},"

on each piece of equipment

7 years ago

Where is the "categories = {"armor"}," added?

7 years ago

I added it just below the name attribute for each item in prototypes/equipment.lua. That got me past the startup error but I've not fully tested it as I'm starting a new 0.14 game. Once I get armor researched I'll test each item to confirm.

7 years ago

The game starts but the power armor no longer has a grid. Looks like it's related to the grid changes in .14. Looking at the base game, there's a new equipment-grid definition file where grid sizes are defined, rather than being defined in the item itself.

7 years ago

Fixed it!
added equipment-grid.lua with this:
data:extend(
{
{
type = "equipment-grid",
name = "xlarge-equipment-grid",
width = 20,
height = 20,
equipment_categories = {"armor"}
}
}
)

Modified item.lua and changed equipment-grid on the armor to "xlarge-equipment-grid" (with the quotes, and a comma after it).
Modified data.lua and added the line require("prototypes.equipment-grid")

7 years ago

Are you talking about this line "equipment_grid = {width = 20, height = 20}" you changed equipment_grid to "xlarge-equipment-grid", and it worked?

7 years ago

That, in addition to creating equipment-grid.lua with the contents I described and adding a line to data.lua telling the mod to use equipment-grid.

7 years ago

I couldn't get it to work. Could you upload your file and share it with me using something like Dropbox?

7 years ago

To Author: This is fixed by adding

"categories = {"armor"},"

on each piece of equipment

This works. Thanks

7 years ago

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B6zlTiFmyDCgcXJFVFh3RTFOLVU

For all who wanna use it. Fixed mod // Fixed grid

7 years ago

Game doesn't crash now and I get the inventory slots, but the Armor won't "open" now.

7 years ago

I fixed it! I changed "xlarge-equipment-grid" to "xlarge-equipment_grid" in both locations and it works!

7 years ago

I apologize for leaving this issue open so long. I attempted to update the mod quickly but I took no notice of the changes to the game and uploaded without testing (shame on me) thank you for your solutions. The newest version should work perfectly.

New response