Portable Mini Turrets to help out Early Biter Attacks

Content
2 years ago
0.17 - 1.1
Combat

b Strange bug

2 years ago
(updated 2 years ago)

ok so placing the turret on the ground works but there appears to be another graphics layer on top kind of transparent,looks like a logistical chest,i am not currently at home so i cannot provide you with further details (soon i hope) but my guess is maybe a conflict with another mod

here is the pic

https://imgur.com/a/yXLQFLu

EDIT:

I found the offending mod it's...

https://mods.factorio.com/mod/Logistic-Gun-Turret

2 years ago

Unfortunately I was not able to see any conflicts or graphic errors when using both of the mods together. Are you positive that is the mod affecting it as I could find not anything resembling an issue both in-game and throughout the files.

2 years ago

yes,use the cheats to unlock all items + technology...at the start you wont see it until you unlock all the technology,this thing had me scratching my head for hours and the fact that i forgot about the other mod being installed :D

2 years ago
(updated 2 years ago)

The reason the Turret Interface icon (from the offending mod) is showing is because it targets all entities with the prototype ammo-turret which included the Portable Turret. Since this is all done in the code for Logistic Gun Turret there isn't much that I can do on my end.

If you do not mind modifying a single line of code in the Logistic Gun Turret mod, you can add my entity to the blacklist:

To do so, open the consts.lua file inside of the LGT mod folder. At the bottom there is a table called consts.blacklist. Here you should add the entity mini-turret-ent to the blacklist. This line will look something along the likes of

["mini-turret-ent"] = true

2 years ago

thx for the info,but i already solved the problem by removing the other mod,i am not using it and how it got into my mod folder is beyond me (me not remembering installing it in the first place),but this info might be useful for someone else experiencing the same problem,anyway thx for looking into this

New response