Plutonium Energy

Adds processing of plutonium, excess product from nuclear reaction. Plutonium can be used to make ammo (even plutonium atomic bomb) and to generate energy as MOX fuel.

Content
6 days ago
0.15 - 1.1
Power

i [Added 1.5.7] MOX fuel recipe tweak for Schall Uranium Processing

22 days ago
(updated 22 days ago)

I just started poking at this mod in combination with Schall Uranium Processing, and I noted that the MOX fuel cell recipe requires Schall's Highly Enriched Uranium, which in Schall's mod should only be necessary for weapons. Real life MOX fuel doesn't require highly enriched uranium. It doesn't even require low enriched uranium; plutonium adds the enrichment for MOX fuel. I understand the purpose of the breeder fuel cell recipes is to use depleted uranium to generate bonus plutonium, so it makes sense that the MOX fuel recipe requires enriched uranium.

Is it possible to tweak the compatibility with Schall Uranium Processing so that the MOX fuel cell recipe requires Low Enriched Uranium instead?

If it helps, I might be able to poke at the mod code a little bit this weekend to see if I can figure out a starting point for this.

Thanks for the patch submitted on github! Will be released in the next version.

I genuinely appreciate you accepting the patch! Glad that I could help out a little. :)

New response