Placeables: Quickly show items in your inventory that you can build with!

A quickbar-inspired window that shows all items you can use for building that is currently in your inventory. Designed for use with megamods (Pyanodon's, Bob's, and Angel's for example) that add so many buildings that the quickbar can't handle them all.

Utilities
2 months ago
0.18 - 1.1

b [Fixed] ups fps problem

3 years ago

I regret to inform the author that the problem still exists. It is slightly better than the 0.9.0 version, but the frame drop is still about 10, which is mainly reflected in the continuous placement of items, such as floor tiles, railways, conveyor belts, boxes, etc.
I loaded all the modules of the py series

3 years ago
(updated 3 years ago)

I have uploaded yet another version with even more performance fixes (I've spent like another 7 hours today trying my best), hopefully it helps to some degree.
Can i have a list of your computer's specs, and maybe even your save file? Also how big is your inventory?

I don't have a save with py's mods atm so having a save of that would be useful just incase something weird is going on. Do you have discord btw? or steam?

3 years ago
(updated 3 years ago)

I just came up with more ideas on how to (massively) further improve performance, but it may take a bit

3 years ago
(updated 3 years ago)

The main module I loaded is the full set of py author, and https://mods.factorio.com/mod/omnimatter_compression this module.
And some auxiliary modules
My English is very poor, and all communication with you is through computer translation software for language conversion. You and I may not be able to fully understand each other's language. After all, machine translation is not accurate
I have no way to go over the Internet to upload archives and other files to you. I only have QQ mailbox. If you can, please leave one of your mailboxes. I will package the archive and send it to you.
I think my archive may be caused by a large backpack module, but if you play py without increasing the backpack, your feet will break. If it is really a choice between a large backpack module and your mod, I would prefer to use a large backpack because it is more practical.

3 years ago

You're good
Version 0.9.7 fixes the frame loss problem
Sometimes it drops 1-3
But it's already smooth
Thanks for the fix.

3 years ago

Another question
When placing blueprints, fps and ups will drop by 30-40
You can place blueprints one by one without dropping frames
However, the blueprint item will drop the frame after 10 touches
This problem will not affect the overall fluency of the game
It can be optimized in the next version

3 years ago

After some further work, I have just INSANELY improved performance! Things should be around two orders of magnitude faster when placing objects and tiles!
Hopefully it also fixes that weird blueprint issue you mentioned as well. :)

3 years ago

The blueprint placement is close to perfect. Although there is still a bit of frame drop when placed in a large area, it is completely acceptable. Thank you for your effort.

New response