Peppermint Mining

by Mylon

Mark ore with the Peppermint tool and construction bots will start mining it. Or enable Nougat Mining mode and it'll happen automatically!

Content
9 months ago
0.16 - 1.1
Mining Logistic network

b Mod not functioning properly

9 months ago

2(?) bugs found
I'm playing a very lightly modded game of dangoreus, peppermint mining, and a few small qol mods.

I've got to the point of having roboports and robots in my random ore game, tried using the peppermint tool to mine from a personal roboport and nothing happened. "fine" i thought, "I'll use roboports, no problem".
Here's the checklist.

Roboports placed, loaded with 150 construction and 50 logistic robots.
Fully powered, with 50MW of constant excess energy AND batteries.
Ore is very close and within logistic range only a few tiles away.
Ore has been marked with the pink peppermint tool, deconstruction tool does nothing.
The prompts for "ore is marked" and "ore is unmarked" show up appropriately.
10 empty logistic storage chests are adjacent to the roboports, within range.
Zero other jobs for robots to do, no other roboports are placed on the map, all robots are available.

After I mark the ore, I get the prompt that it's been marked, but nothing happens for almost 10 minutes, no robots fly out. In 2 out of 5 tests, the ore suddenly disapeared without a trace, no robots flying, no power used, no ore deposited in chests. Usually, nothing happens at all, and as I'm typing this I have 20 ore tiles marked and it's been 20 minutes with nothing happening. I also tried de-selecting all ore tiles before test 5, and then re-marking 20 ore tiles, nothing happened.

The only possible thing this could be on my end, is a small mod that increases robot battery life by 8x, but I have no mods that add items or affect robot behavior at all beyond that. All the same ill try turning that off and testing again, but it shouldn't make a difference.
What's going on here and why isn't it working?

Bug 2: (actually a bug for danger ores)
ive mined a 9 tile wide area through the random ore, with the hope of making a drill highway to get more ore throughput, or reach more oil. However, i have the "floor is lava" option turned on, so walking on deep ore causes massive damage (80% in 1 hit seems a bit much). Even though I've cleared this pathway and AM NOT walking on ore, the spitter "spit" shows up and I take damage when crossing over the general "deep" ore zone, but again, I'm not walking on ore so this shouldn't happen. What gives?

9 months ago

Have you updated Peppermint Mining recently? There was a bug in a recent release where some fluid-required ores were not mining properly, but it caused non-fluid-required ores to not mine. That has since been fixed.

The Flore is Lava option is to discourage exploring. It's intended for multiplayer where there's always 1-2 players that roam off into the wilderness and bloat the save file to ridiculous levels. It checks an area to prevent being able to hide under cliffs or find other ways to avoid the damage. This mechanic is not well designed and I know this.

9 months ago

As per your comment, I went and updated peppermint mining to the latest version and tried to use it again under the exact same conditions, but nothing has changed

It's supposed to be instant, right? mark some ore and the robots fly out? As I'm typing this I've set the game to 5x speed, and its been 10 IRL minutes of inactivity, there's just nothing happening

Do you know of any mod incompatibilities? or Anything I can check?

9 months ago

I figured it out!

The setting for "the floor is lava" was pretty much disabling peppermint mining entirely

After turning it off and reloading the map, the mod seems to work as intended!

Perhaps edit the description of the mod to include that info as it seems many people use the 2 mods together (and as per diablo's current playthrough, enable the floor is lava option just like he did as we just thought it would prevent us from walking too far from spawn)

Bug report closed :)

New response