Peppermint Mining

by Mylon

Mark ore with the Peppermint tool and construction bots will start mining it. Or enable Nougat Mining mode and it'll happen automatically!

Content
9 months ago
0.16 - 1.1
Mining Logistic network

b Potential artefact when finishing ore patch

3 years ago
(updated 3 years ago)

Hello,
may be it is intentional, but it bother me - i makes huge drop downs in mining speed.
It seems that amount for extraction is set before counting with mining productivity. [Nougat mining from this mod]
When you have higher mining efficiency and finishing ore patch even with large amount of free bots there are many tiny steps in final mining cycles.
ex: 20 ore left in patch (with 100% efficiency 40 ores) - 1000 bots should mine it in one go, but there extracted 20 ores and 10 left (20 with prod.)
after next cycle 10 items mined and 5 left etc…

Idea of slower ends is not bad, but in that case can we use rest of idling bots on another patches or something?

Tip: Adding notes to mod description may help new players: * Mining productivity is taken in account * Mining stops when there is not enough free robots * Mining stops when there is not enough electricity (or base running from batteries)

Thank you and have a nice day

[Edit: Playing with dangOreus mod, so there is lots of small amount patches and whole base is one roboport/logistical area. Separation of roboports may help but I didn't test it - yet]

[Edit 2: I'm completely missed that "mining point" is choosen per roboport. So mining of small patches can by speedup by spamming of overlapped roboports (each have to have some ore in its area!), count of logistical areas is not important.]

3 years ago

Nougat mining is done per roboport. Peppermint mining is done per ore. I agree that I need to look at how ore patches are finished off.

Thank you for the suggestions on updating the description.

3 years ago

Nice, thank you for info.

New response