Content
1 year, 1 month ago
0.14 - 1.1
Power

g Getting 80 MW output

7 years ago

Hello

First thanks for this modmod which is really nice. I had a hard time figuring out how it works since i wasnt familiar with the original, especially the different pipes part, because for some reason i had water instead of steam in the pipes to the right at start.

I am trying to reach 80MW output, but i struggle. My best design output 74.5 MW which is still 5.5 MW short from ideal. I tried a lot of things, in the end it seems i just can't get enough vapor to have the last turbine working at 100%. Is it normal or am i just not seeing something obvious ?

Also, does steam T° increase energy output ? It seems to do nothing no matter what the steam temperature is.

On "normal" conditions here is what i get :
- Power output target @100%
- Always 479-480 units of water in tank
- About ~480 units of vapor in tank
- Core/Steam temp is stable @217.45°C
- 4 water influx pipe each hooked with one Mk3 Pump (pump speed 2.5/s) and ceramic pipe (20/s)
- 4 steam output going into 5 base load turbines.
- Each of those 5 outputs leftover steam to a last turbine, using pumps to get max pressure, and this 6th turbine re-outputs leftover steam into the first pipes between reactor/turbines that go into the 5 first turbines

I am supposing more heat means more steam and by reaching 300°c or more maybe i could get enough steam (im not even sure it works like that). But the only way i can get temperature higher is either by stopping to use steam by removing turbines which would defeat the purpose, or by not consuming all of the power output of the reactor, getting it to heat internally over 300°c which isnt viable either.

Turbines and steam, depending on the layout can have somewhat varying power output with one reactor.

7 years ago
  1. my design gets 80mw it is doable
    check the flows in the pipes
    2.yes Temp dose play a part of how much energy you can get from the steam.
    the seam engens will burn more steam if the temp is lower
    so you will have to control the pumps based on core or steam temp
  2. yes more heat means more steam

water 2 in
steam controlled on core 320core temp with 4 output pumps
(note make sure that the flows in the pipes allow the pumps to run at full speed.
and you should get the 80mw

7 years ago

Thank you for your help. But i have trouble understanding exactly what you mean, i think i may need screenshot example or video... I tried all kinds of pipes (ceramic to brass), numbers of pumps and configurations... I get 76MW now, but still not 80MW. What kind of pipes & pumps do you use, how much turbines and how do you plug them together ?

Here is my best design so far : http://imgur.com/a/U7gS8
It fluctuates between 75.7~77MW. How do you get stable output ? I set my 4 MK3/MK4 pumps on steam to get on when core temp > 320. So its always ON/OFF/ON/OFF, etc... Because as soon as they are on, core temp drops a little bit. Even with 300° on steam temp all the time, i can only fuel 5,5-5,8 steam engines, never 6 fully. For me it seems like when you use all available steam core temp wants to drop to 220° and i really can't figure it out :(

7 years ago

from reactor output
split the pipe in two directions
on each split add 2 more pumps each going into a turbine
set the wiring to only allow the first output pumps to run when at reactor temp 320

also i use the normal pipes with the pumps with Flow Control

your design uses the though put of one pipe, and throughput will suffer if the pipe has steam all-ready in it.

1 year, 1 month ago

The updated 1.0.3 and on work vary differently.

New response