Petrochem Plus Redux

More chemicals to make angel's petrochem even more of a hell.

Content
2 years ago
0.17 - 1.1
Fluids

i Change red/green wire recipe?

4 years ago

The changes you make to Bob's resin/rubber recipes make red/green wire prohibitively expensive, since they take insulated wire to craft. Maybe you can change them to take tinned copper wire instead of insulated wire to fix this, since Circuit Network is a red/green science.

4 years ago

The idea was to try to get people to start using angels petrochem recipes for resin and rubber, angels resin recipe(s) are quite easy in the early-mid game. As i said in the patch notes, this was mainly as a precursor to adding new recipes. I know that many people have been crying out for a re-balance of resin/rubber.
Unless you need to automate red/green wire for science (ERP or MSP), this should be fine. I can take another look at the balance later, but the main point is to try and make the wood path "less" attractive.

4 years ago

I understand the change, but I would not like to spend hundreds of wood or get green catalysts up and running to get 2 red wire for doing circuit limiting of my chests or hooking up an LTN station.

4 years ago

the bob pathway needs nerfing to hell to make angels path more balanced, the only other thing i can do is make angels rubber output a stupid amount.
I just took a look at the options without prod modules... it seems that the biorubber path is actually pretty cheap in comparison to the other methods (and does not need catalysts) [using just the T1 seed and cultivation recipe]
The question then is without bioprocessing do i tone down the change? I think i may add a new biorubber recipe at the low end that uses the ethylene and butane in the ratio that gets "vented" in if making plastic from gas (not the naphtha path).

4 years ago

I have temporarily removed the bob-rubber nerf, it will need re-balancing with the new rubber pathways, but i have not yet run the numbers. you have any ideas hexa?