Oxygen2.0

by Va7ya

We shouldn't take air for granted.

4 years ago
0.17 - 0.18

i Word of warning if you use AAI Industry mods with AnglesBobs.

4 years ago

I like how this mod kinda forces you into a situation where you have to setup the early game fast and focus almost single mindedly towards oxygen production. However word of warning if your adding most that add complexity of expend the length of the tech tree. This is because, simply put the 30 bottles of oxygen you get at the start, even when running around like a mad chicken, isn't going to get you even a quarter of the way there!

For now i'm testing with 100 bottles.

It would be nice to have a super early game way of obtaining oxygen (for those who don;t want to rust too much but what the immersion) with the use of a greenhouse or something? Like your in a suit according to the player sprite graphics, so it would be assumable that you have Oxy tanks built in and just no way to charge them at first? What you could do then is have an early game green house you have to go over and visit and wait for your suit tanks to re fill..

This will also help for crash landing situations were the tanks don't start in your inv but in a wreckage somewhere, that if you don't mine in 3 seconds your dead. By adding a baseline oxy capacity to the player, the first minuet of the game is less frantic.

If done that way, it wont matter what mods you have really.

4 years ago

about 30 tanks and oxygen production at the beginning of the game you're right. I was thinking about this problem, something like an atmospheric filter, to receive oxygen from the air, this would be a good solution. I think I could write some simple lines of code, but here is the graphic. if you can, or have suitable sprites, I will be happy to get help with this problem.

4 years ago

1.5.4 release

4 years ago

Could make the starting amount configurable too.

4 years ago

add the setting of the number of oxygen cylinders at the beginning of the game in the next day

4 years ago

1.5.7 release

New response