Noxys Trees

by _Noxy_

Makes the trees spread slowly but also die off with certain condition. Made to be performant and multiplayer friendly. Very configurable.

5 months ago
0.15 - 1.1

b One of Noxy's mods is causing a freeze (soft-lock)

3 years ago
(updated 3 years ago)

I've spent my morning testing my mod-list (and computer hardware) to identify the source of a freeze (soft-lock) of my modded Factorio. The game locked up and needed to be closed with task manager, resulting in no crash log. After disabling my modlist, half-at-a-time, I've narrowed it down to Noxy's Trees.

The crash is very easy for me to reproduce: I simply turn the game speed up to around 200 and within two minutes real-time, the game freezes. This freeze (so far in my testing) only occurs with Noxy's Trees included in my modlist, and any other mod combination does not result in a freeze.

I highly recommend not installing Noxys Trees until this is addressed.

Thank you mod maker(s) for making mods for us! It was a difficult morning, but I'm proud to have solved it, at least!

EDIT: Whoops, cant change the title now... It's definitely Noxy's Trees.

3 years ago

I unfortunately can't reproduce your issue. The game runs smoothly for me and does not soft lock at all? I've actually taken very good care of the tree mod and tested it extensively even in multiplayer. The only real slow down that I've noticed is that saving takes a little bit longer with large saves. Beyond that you shouldn't really notice the tree mod at all.

What settings are you running it at and what other mods do you have?

3 years ago

Full disclosure, I'm now having a weird problem with the mod Powered Entities, where cutting one specific tree in the forest causes my game to freeze, and only disabling Powered Entities fixes the problem. I would love to test my RAM sticks, but am unable at the moment. :(

New response